Josh Baskin is sick of being an awkward kid. At a carnival, he makes a wish to the Zoltar machine to become "big". To his shock, his wish is granted. After an understandably awkward beginning, Josh is forced to do "adult" things, like getting a job and a girlfriend. In the end, he discovers that there's much more to being an adult than he's bargained for and he learns that we must all grow up at our own pace and in our own time.
Dates / Times:
Thursday, Jan 16th @
Friday, Jan 17th @
Saturday, Jan 18th @
Saturday, Jan 18th @
Sunday, Jan 19th @
School Days Performance
$15.00: Standard Ticket Price
$10.00: Child Ticket Price (Max Child Age: 12)
$10.00: Group Ticket Price (Ticket Minimum: 10)
$10.00: Senior Ticket Price (Min Senior Age: 65)
$10.00: Military Ticket Price
$10.00: Student Ticket Price
$20.00: At Door Price
Tickets go on sale November 13
4205 Ryan Street, Lake Charles, LA 70605
Want to be in the show? Here is how you can! Read through this check list to make sure you have everything you need.
1. Suggested ages 8 to 18
2. Registered in current class session (Winter 2020) www.cytlakecharles.org to register.
3. Sign-up for an audition spot through your family account. Print audition form and Production Fee Policy form which can be found under "shows" and "PDFs" tabs on top of page.
4. Prepare a one minute song
5. For readings, please choose one of the suggested sides from script (can be found under "shows" and "PDFs"). The sides do not need to be memorized and auditionees will read with a member of the artistic team. If you are not comfortable with cold reads, a prepared and memorized one minute monologue will be acceptable.
6. November 7-8. Location is at Christian World Ministries Youth Center. Choose audition date Date November 7th OR November 8th and choose preferred time.
7. November 9 is the dance audition. Thursday Auditionees will be called 9-10a, Friday auditionees will be called 10-11a.
8. Callbacks are November 9th 1-5p following dance auditions. An email is sent out after dance auditions with a list of auditionees who are "called back" to do cold reads for specific characters. If a student does not receive a callback, it does NOT mean they are not cast in the show.
9. Sunday November 10th 2:00-4:00p Show Fair. All cast members and at least one parent/guardian are required to attend.
Audition tips: Don't use any songs from the show. Use songs from musicals. Bring your music on your electronic device. Attire for 1st audition is Sunday's best but comfortable, Attire for 2nd Audition is workout clothing and closed toe shoes to dance in.
If you are cast in the show, you will need to attend the show fair. At Show Fair, please be prepared for the following: Cast Photo (Wear black Shirt). Pay Production Fee $175 (3 Payments of $58.00 can be made on your family account). Parents Sign Up for Volunteer Committees (costumes, sets, props, front of house, green room, and more). Pick up show script. Parent Meeting.
Good luck with your auditions!
Thursday, November 14th 4:45pm
Headshots will be taken at Show Fair. Cast members need to wear a black shirt.
Sunday, November 10th 2:00pm
Parent Meeting will be held at the Show Fair at Christian World Ministries Youth Center.
The grown man that Josh turns into after making a wish. Initially horrified at being teenader stuck in a much larger, and harrier body. He gradually becomes sucked into the adult life and gains bravado.
Vocal Range top: A4 to Bb2
An executive at MacMillan and Josh's love interest. Beautiful and all business, but getting involved with Josh helps connect to her inner, happier child.
Vocal Range: G5 to G#3
Josh's mother, concerned about what effects puberty is having on her son's personality. Motherly and protective to the point of almost smothering.
Vocal Range: D5 to G3
Josh's best friend, always looking out for him no matter what the situation. Energetic and a smooth talker.
Vocal Range: G4 to C3
Little Josh Baskin
A New Jersey boy on the brink of adolescence. Lacking confidence and self-esteem, he yearns to become older and escape the embarrassments of being a teenager.
Vocal Range: F5 to F3
A toy company owner trying to save his failing business. Distinguished, but with a good sense of humor.
Vocal Range: F4 to C3
A junior executive at MacMillan Toys who becomes Josh's rival in the office. Handsome, hard-chargin, and entirely self absorbed.
Vocal Range: G4 to F3
Jr Executive's child
Kid in the Toy Store
Cynthia's Friend #1
Cynthia's Friend #2
Cynthia's Friend #3
Kid on the Street
Jr. Executive's Daughter
Jr. Design Executive
Select a Performance:
Thursday, Jan 16th @ 9:00am School Days Performance