Is this your first show? Here's a quick timeline-based overview of what to expect (for both students and parents):
1. Classes - you need to sign up in order to be in a show
2. Auditions - you need to sign up to get an audition time. This can be done on your family account.
3. Callbacks - you may or may not get called back for more auditioning
4. Show fair - cast receive scripts, have headshots taken, and parents attend informational meeting
5. Rehearsals - 2 nights per week
7. Parent Production Teams - Parents must volunteer 20 hours before the show & 3 nights during show week. NOTE: For the safety of your children, we require all Parent Production Team volunteers to take a 30 minute (online) Child Safety Training class and to give consent to have a background check completed.
8. 2nd Parent Meeting - Get all of the info needed before heading into tech week
9. Performances - there are 6 performances - all during one week
10. Strike - after last show, everybody cleans up.
11. CastParty - when the show recording is complete all cast and crew celebrate together - lots of fun!
Rinse and Repeat
We want to ensure that CYT Lake Charles is a safe and secure place for all involved. All CYT Lake Charles volunteers are required to complete a background check and child abuse protection training. Click the link below to register for your training.